I observed one of my friends having marks on his hands and legs. It looked some insects have crawled over him. I went to his room, to find out what is the cause and there I found Bed Bugs.
What are Bed Bugs?
Small insects thst grow in furniture and old clothes sucking human or animal blood at room temperature.
How can we identify them?
* Bed Bugs are tiny creatures and you can see them running on your bed.
* They depend on human blood or animal blood, so if you find blood stains on your bed, then your room is infested by them.
* You can find Bed Bugs eggs all over the bed.
How to get rid of them?
Once you discover the bed bugs in your room and on your bed, you can use these simple items that you can find in your home, to kill them
- Turmeric Powder
- Peppermint Oil
- Diatomaceous Earth
- Lemon Grass
- Isopropyl Alcohol
- Clove Oil
- Baking Soda
- Cyenne Pepper, Oregano and Ginger
- Boric Acid Powder
- Bleaching Powder
- Silica Gel
- Calamus Powder
- Bean Leaves
- Indian Liliac Leaves Oil
- Tea-Tree Oil
- Rosemary Oil, Eucalyptus Oil and Lavender Oil
- Mint Leaves
- Black Walnut Tea Leaves
All these items are useful in killing the Bedbugs that have infested in your Room. Use them with precautions.
What you can do to prevent them from spreading the infestation?
* Always clean the clothes with hot water when you find them a bed bugs infested area.
* Always properly cover the box spring, mattress, etc when they are not in use. This is a key element to combat the bed bug infestation
* Ensure that you regularly check the mattress for possible signs of bed bugs.
* Use pyrethrum extract to eliminate the bed bugs. This extract targets the bugs’ nervous system and kills .
* You can use beauveria bassiana, which is a fungus having the properties to kill the bedbugs. It causes the death of all the bugs in not more than 5 days
* Spread talcum powder at the infested site. The powder leads to the suffocation of these parasites.
*Operate a vacuum cleaner at the areas having the bed bug infestation, as this will suck out the tiny creatures.
* Run a hair dryer near the concerned areas at the maximum temperature and the death of all the bed bugs is certain! These parasites cannot withstand heat
*Similarly, you can also steam all the items such as mattresses, carpets and cushions, etc.
*Stick a two-sided tape around the base of your bed. The tape will trap the bedbugs and prevent them from spreading.
*Discard all furniture items that are unnecessary
* Keep small things like clothes in the freezer to kill these pests. The bedbugs cannot endure even cold temperature.
* Close all crevices and cracks as the bugs use these places to hide.
* Spread scented dryer sheets on your furniture and mattresses. The strong smell of the sheets helps to repel the bed bugs
* Do not shift the household items kept in the room having bugs to another part of your home. The infestation spreads.
* Avoid keeping the household items in a clutter. When these items are arranged in a disorderly way, the bedbugs will have several hiding places.